Vallori... Please help Devra... I believe she is in great danger now.

Vallori... Please help Devra... I believe she is in great danger now.

Originally shared by Vallori Zephyr

I just wanted to write a little about Ingress. A list of neat things that I wouldn't have thought would come out of a game.

1. It has been a great way to make some friends. As an adult and a stay at home mom, I don't have school or a job where I can meet new people, so it's been a while since I have made any new friends. While playing Ingress I have met several new people, almost all of whom I have really gotten along with and enjoy spending time walking around and chatting (and hacking portals) with.

2. It brings some socially awkward people out of their shells.

3. Delicious baked goods. Our local team happens to have a cake decorator/baker and people who like to make cookies on it, so events that we plan together often have tasty baked goods involved!

4. Finding cool art and new places that I have never noticed, even though I have lived in this area most of my life.

5. An excuse to travel. Many of our teammates have or are planning to travel to places they haven't been or haven't been to in a long time to see what portals are around.

6. Something to do on long road trips. I do make occasional road trips, and now when I take breaks I looks for portals to hack and submit points of interest as portals. This makes long road trips more fun, and, as I have experienced, even makes detours due to accidents or construction more interesting instead of just annoying.

7. Ingress provides a sense of community. Our local team is pretty close knit, and we even feel a sense of community with others in our faction in other locations.

8. A new way of looking at the world around you. I have become ultra aware of interesting architecture, and sculpture, and art work around me, largely because I am watching for things I think might be or should be portals.

9. Closer bonds with friends and family. With a new and inexpensive recreational hobby, I have developed closer bonds and spent more time with people who I knew even prior to playing Ingress.

In summary, it's a really neat game, and has been more interesting than I would have expected. It also has had the opposite effect of most video games. Instead of sequestering people away from each other and from the world around them, it brings people together, and makes them more aware of the interesting sites in their world and life.

Brandon Badger Brian Rose Ingress

#ingressinvite

Comments

  1. is she still in great danger, or has she found some form of shelter/safety (or is she about to put herself into even greater danger)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The fever of yesterday has passed, leaving clarity.