ON THE PASSING OF ZEKE CALVIN: Forgive me for taking so long to acknowledge the death of a man who was so important...

ON THE PASSING OF ZEKE CALVIN: Forgive me for taking so long to acknowledge the death of a man who was so important and central to my life. Even now, I do not know all of the ways he impacted it, because some of it is still lost to memories and some of my memories might be manufactured memories. And.... I suppose my delay is in part that I was hoping to discover that the news was a hoax. But alas, Zeke is dead.

Zeke was the pioneer of strange human powers. Leveraging his position at the NIA, recently called the most spookiest of the spook agencies, he attempted to learn about things such as Remote Viewing and today, we have Remote Participation, a huge upgrade. Was that Whydah or Waratah? I can't remember. Maybe it was Marie Celeste, but I don't think so.

Some expect me to be angry with him, for whatever caused the invasion of my brain happened at one of those events, but I'm quite sure I knew the risks I was taking and I wouldn't change anything... I'm reminded of a song playing in one of the early events: 'What a long, strange trip this has been.'

And to his detractors, Zeke was super-human, but human is part of super-human. He made mistakes, he did bad things, but without him, Niantic would never have happened. I miss him, but I am quite sure he will pass this way again.

It is all coming back in waves, like many things from my past. But Zeke. He's something that is clear. I can only hope that the secrets of the universe are revealing themselves to him as I write this and you read this.

Comments

  1. It's been quite a while, Edgar Allan Wright. How's your mind doing? Are you starting to remember things from the void period?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar Allan Wright good to see you back and in the online world. I hope you're aware of the coming RPE session at the Boulder Anomaly.

    What impact do you think it's going to have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar Allan Wright​ are you going to remote participate the Essex RPE today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should note that I did not mention Jay Phillips because I have no memory of actually having met him. In answer to MuMu, my mind feels good, but I can't help but feel that something is coming. I don't know what, but something. I've avoided RPE experiences, because of my fragile state, but have greatest admiration for those who do it and would love to hear debriefs on the experience from Agents and those who guided them through the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar Allan Wright I want to ask you a question regarding the newly discovered Exo-Precursors.

    Do you think, much how Oliver Lynton-Wolfe leveraged the Axis Tecthulhu to destroy the Jarvis Shards in 13MAGNUS, that there exists a way to destroy the Exo Precursors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar Allan Wright As one of the two GM's from the Boulder RPE session, with Mario Valenzuela II being the second, I would like to give you a recap of the events that unfolded during the Boulder RPE session...

    It started at the Gamer's Guild the Friday night before the November 4th Anomaly.

    Groups of agents from both factions gathered together for this event...

    They all received messages from Akira, telling them to get to Niantic. The group was sent to the facility by none other than a ghostly Klue S.....

    From there the groups journeyed through the Niantic facility gathering strange shards and encountering things outside of time and space caused by exogenous forces that were trapped in this facility... Two agents were marked.

    The journey culminated with the groups coming face to face with the Oliver Lynton-Wolfe tecthulhu and reactivating it with the shards that they have gathered and the two marked agents being the catalysts to empower the strange device...

    Then the tecthulhu sent them back to the Gamer's Guild in Boulder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The fever of yesterday has passed, leaving clarity.